Intel in market has come up with its first Android smartphone with the Lava Xolo X900 is exciting. The smartphone seems to have gotten most of the ingredients right – impressive performance, crisp display, and premium build. The phone is fairly solid and we didn’t really find anything lacking in the fit and finish of the device. It seems that it will be giving good competition to its competitors among whom few are lot more powerful and the reason behind may be because the thing missing for Lava is the brand recall that some of the competitors have.
Price in India :
The Lava Xolo has a box price of Rs 25999, and is retailing in the market for around Rs. 22,000 to 23,000.
The Lava Xolo X900 clearly has the design influences from an Apple iPhone 4 and some of the LG phones. The finish has a generous amount of premium feel to it. The 4.03-inch display has a very thin bezel on the right and left side. On the top are the front-facing camera and the silver coloured earpiece. The front of the phone houses a 4” WSVGA (1024×600) screen which corresponds to about 300ppi.
The screen looks great and touch sensitivity is top notch as expected from a device in this category. A 1.3MP front facing is placed above the screen. Below the display are four touch sensitive keys – return, options, Home and search. Flat sides all around and that is why we say it has the design inspiration from the iPhone. On the left spine is the micro HDMI port. On the right side is the volume rocker, micro SIM card slot that is essentially a slide out tray and a physical camera key.
Speaking of hardware specifications, it include an Intel Atom Z2460 SoC (codenamed Penwell) that includes a 1.6GHz single core CPU (codenamed Saltwell) with Hyper-Threading, and the PowerVR SGX540 GPU clocked at 400MHz, and 1GB of 32-bit dual channel LPDDR2 memory. The entire platform is codenamed Medfield. The phone has 8MP auto focus camera at the back and 1.3MP front facing camera. The 8MP rear camera does a good job that also takes 10 shots in less than a minute at 15 fps in Burst mode.
As far as the performance goes, the customers will be quite impressed with the overall smoothness of the OS and slick opening of applications. Most of them compare the XOLO X900 with more powerful devices like HTC One X and Sony Xperia S. What you will notice for most benchmark scores is that the HTC One X is obviously the winner, considering it is the first quad-core powered pocket rocket to arrive in the market. However, the Xolo does get better benchmark scores than the 1.5GHz dual core processor powered, and significantly more powerful Sony Xperia S.
The X900 runs on the Atom Z2460 32nm SoC which has a Saltwell core running at a max of 1.6Ghz with 512Kb of L2 cache. The graphics core is a PowerVR SGX 540 running at 400Mhz. All these combined make it a compelling platform capable of competing with modern smartphones running on the Tegra 3 and Qualcomm S4 platforms. 3D gaming performance is also first-class without any imperfection.
Speed: Intel Atom 1.6 GHz processor with Hyper-Threading Technology and 1GB RAM makes the XOLO X900 the benchmark in its class. Fast web browsing, responsive apps and effortless multi-tasking makes you enjoy the things you love to do, all in the blink-of-an-eye.
DSLR : Use the advanced 8MP HD camera with photo-burst mode that lets you capture images quickly – 10 photos in less than a second in one click. So you never miss the best shot, ever.
Gaming and multimedia: The high speed 400 MHz graphics engine provides rich and immersive 3D gaming with super-responsive graphics. Combined with the high resolution 1024X600 pixels display, XOLO gives you a full HD video output on the go. Ensures you never have a dull moment.
Specifications & Features:
- XOLO X900 runs on Android platform Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)(upgradable to Android 4.0).
- X900 has a 1.6 GHz Atom Z2460 processor.
- XOLO is equipped with a display of 4.03 inches LCD Capacitive Touch screen 16M Colors with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels.
- Intel has installed a camera of 8MP with Burst mode that has the capability to click 10 photos in one second and record Full HD video of 1080p supported with a secondary camera of 0.3 MP for video calling purpose.
- Lava’s X900 has a body dimension of 63 mm in length, 1099 mm in width and 123 mm in height and weighing around 124 grams.
- X900 has internal memory of 16GB along with 1 GB of RAM.
- XOLO X900 has all the latest option for its connectivity like Bluetooth v2.1, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and NFC 13.56 MHz .
- XOLO is powered by a battery of 1460 mAh.
- First Intel powered Android phone
- Good amount of RAM 1 GB
- Above average build quality
- Lava’s XOLO X900 has High pixel density screen, over 250ppi
- High-resolution camera of 8MP
- High-resolution display of 1024 x 600 pixels
- Good Camera & performance
- Fast mobile data support (4G)
- Battery is not up to the mark
- No ICS out of the box
- Application compatibility concerns
- No expandable storage